Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Mock Interview Reflection

Angela Rogers performed a mock interview with me on October 22, 2007. She interviewed me for a full-time position as a sales and customer service account manager at NUTRA Manufacturing, Inc. Though I have interviewed for a job before, my mock interview taught me a lot about what to expect in future interviews.

I believe that this practice interview was very valuable. Though I usually find it very easy to talk to people, I always get extremely nervous before interviews. Though this feeling of nervousness before interviews may never dissipate, the experience will only get easier with practice.

Compared to my previous interview, Angela’s questions were a slightly more difficult. She asked, very thoroughly, about my school and work experiences and why I was a good fit for the job at hand. My last interview focused more on previous personal experiences. This made me feel really good after the interview because I felt that I answered most of her questions well. There were, however, one or two questions that I should have thought about more precisely before starting to speak.

Even though I was extremely nervous all day before the interview, I think that the practice and experience will certainly pay off in the future.

No comments: